Carimas CE is a software application that is intended to display blood flow in the left ventricle muscle of the heart by using dynamic PET images acquired with O15-H2O tracer. The blood flow information is used in adult patients and provides information that aids a clinical expert in making a diagnosis.
Carimas CE complies with European Directive 93/42/ EEC concerning medical devices (CE labeled). Under this directive, it is regarded as a Class IIa product. Click here for the Declaration of Conformity
Using Carimas CE, [15O] H2O PET perfusion imaging data can be visualised, analysed and modelled in an easy way. The software utilises a validated mathematical model (Iida 1991, Iida 1992) and absolute values of myocardial perfusion can be measured globally and regionally. Based on the measured perfusion values, normal perfusion or ischemia can be detected. A final report contains patient information, images, segmentation and modelling results. All the analysis results can be printed and saved to standard hospital archives.
Downloads and instructions
If you are interested in getting Carimas CE for clinical work, please contact our sales at firstname.lastname@example.org
Version 1.3.6 (latest): Carimas 1.3.6 instructions for user (English HTML)
Version 1.3.6 (latest): CarimasCE-ohjelman käyttöohje (Finnish HTML)
Version 1.3.1: Carimas 1.3.1 instructions for user (English HTML)
The PDF versions are available here:
Version 1.3.6 (latest): Carimas 1.3.6 instructions for user (English PDF)
Version 1.3.6 (latest): CarimasCE-ohjelman käyttöohje (Finnish PDF)
Version 1.3.1: Carimas 1.3.1 instructions for user (English PDF)
Version 1.3.6 – Released 22.11.2022
- Added a Finnish language version of the manual
- The link having text ‘website’ is now turned also visually to url address, because in PDF version it is more user friendly. The link itself was already fixed in earlier
- Names of all warnings shown to user are now written in system.log
- The up and down arrows had the prevent popup close flag defined so that they can be used in time range selection without selector closing when they were used. This feature caused the normal expanded combo menu also stay open when arrows were pressed, that broke the logic. Now the menu closing is prevented only if the combo is not expanded so that the arrows can be used in time range selector without closing and also the expanded combo will not freeze when used with arrows. Only problem that still is left is that if the popup is in expanded state in time range selector and the arrows are used, also the time range selector will close, but that is very small issue.
- The popup displayer took not into account the position shifts of the sub dialog chain. Now the popup placements work also in sub dialogs
- Popup closing bugs: Lots of small fixes done to controls connected o popups and tooltips, like syled frame, cmd executors, buttons, combo boxes
- Any non-certified version of the software or reports generated by it are now more clearly marked
- Modified local settings are now stored in a writable location, not in the executable location
- Changed the “Warn situation disactivated” -log message from Debug to verbose level so that users reading the system log really knows when each warnings are on and off.
Version 1.3.5 – Internally Released 10.10.2022
- Prevented the popup close of search date range when the last radio button (custom date range) is pressed or the custom dates edited. White space problem of edit boxes fixed
- Random unexpected errors issue fixed by removing old memory releasing system that was used before safe handles
- Prevented the popup close from the last radio button (custom date range), but not from others, because they are one click options and user probably wants to close the popup when those are selected. The prevention was added to arrows, year edit box and combo boxes. There was also white space problem in edit box (used in years) that made its usage problematic in general. This issue was also fixed
- The text components (including the required messagebox text) can now split the long word (so long that even one word does not fit to the canvas)
- Dicom warning messages on receive/send are not treated as errors, but logged instead
- VAO crash fix: The fast font implementation was changed to use normal rendering instead of VAO based approach
- Fix the DateTime format string order, so that the default format is used for writing
- Ignore errors while rolling old log files; Log implements LogTarget, enabling log chains
- The color scale changes affect now to report when going back to earlier steps
Version 1.3.4 – Internal Release 21.7.2022
- The axis distortion is now checked from atomic segments and not from 17 segments, because 17 system caused bias to vertical polarmap direction.
- The patient info is no longer shown at all in workflow selection steps titlebar. Now the information appears when the workflow is started
- The dialog had shadow hovering over popup controls created inside the dialog, that fixed partly the ticket. The dropdown of the export also was left open after running command that was fixed.
- The report viewer was added. The exports work now as analysis based. The report viewer lists the exports
- Missing thumbnails are only regenerated for the series list, not datamanager
- Make an entry for each warning dialog to the system log
- Drop down menus now close when another control is selected
Version 1.3.3 – Internally Released 6.6.2022
- Create local data and log folders on install
- Added the license number message to system log and audit log when the workflow is started. This was forgot from previous commit
- The report export has now StInst/SerInst instead of StInst,SerInst. The logging will now always have at least one space between columns.
- Added factors for eliminating the default segmental area differences caused by the shape itself. The old way allowed larger segments to shrink more than small and vice versa. Now the same amount of distortion is allowed to all segments uniformly
- The StatSelection module was missing one of its inputs from definition. The shown segment counter did not work properly when segment group was changed, which was fixed. The LV_Modelling module, that was one of the inputs for module had also potential threading issue, that was fixed. Moved the worst segment finding under static method in MASE class, so that it can be better tested. Added more unit tests related to MASE calculation. Added also ‘debug_name’ to StatSelector class so that the actual instances can be later debugged more easily.
- Selected polarmap segment has now fading blink between two colors so that the line is always visible no matter what colors is under the line
- The implementation was changed to display also the frame lengths, that are needed to see the proper x-axis scale. The scales no longer find the closest larger tick, but always scales the axis to largest data found from plot and does not display the larger tick at all, if its larger than maximum. Added also unit test cases for linear axis and added system and unit tests for the frame lengths. Added info to user manual that describes the frame lengths in the plot + modified the screenshot to have the frame lengths
- The reseted focal centre is now always long axis centre and not the perpendicular crossing centre with RV vector
- Add default values to prevent crash on invalid report files
- Import only related CarimasCE reports from the study, when importing a series. Also fixes issues with export validation.
- Add RV warning to the Quality Control section end
- DocumentTool: Added support for external links. The internal links can now be used without ‘.html’ end. UserManual: Fixed many broken links
- There is now forced flush in all file log targets, if the lolevel of settings is > 0. The error log has always forced flush. The first change exception and unhandled exception handling events were also added to AppDomain
- Change log levels to enable/disable messages in the system log or the GUI
- Series description added to report and unit tests
Version 188.8.131.52304 – Released 4.3.2022
– First release
In co-operation with Hidex